The emerging proposals for new homes at Bray Lake have been shaped by the need of the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead (RBWM) to deliver over 14,000 new homes up to 2033, and the urgent need for a suitable site for Thames Hospice. The land at Bray Lake has been allocated by RBWM in the draft Borough Local Plan as site HA18.
RBWM have set the principle of development for the Thames Hospice and the 100 new homes on the site by allocating it in the draft Borough Local Plan as Site HA18. In addition, a planning application has already been submitted to RBWM for the Thames Hospice and is the subject of a resolution to grant planning permission by the council in July 2017.
Summerleaze have been promoting the whole site, including the current Thames Hospice site for the last ten years and upon the adoption of the Borough Local Plan, Site HA18 will be removed from the Green Belt.
Following the feedback from the public consultation held in December 2017, Summerleaze are currently shaping the proposals to take into account the feedback recieved from local residents. Further details will be posted on this page as the scheme evolves.
The proposals presented at the public exhbition in December 2017 included:
• Approximately 100 new homes with associated car parking;
• Vehicular access from the A308 Windsor Road with a right turn lane to maximise capacity and minimise impacts on through movements;
• Approximately 30% affordable housing;
• New landscaped public open space alongside Bray Lake;
• Connectivity to the approved Thames Hospice site which has a resolution to grant planning permission;
• Infrastructure contributions towards community facilities including bus services, education and local services.